赶紧问下到底什么是～natural molasses sugar(有机黑糖蜜）。
300ml coconut milk
4 medium size eggs
60g brown sugar (sean using natural molasses sugar)
2 tbsp honey
1 tsp pandan paste (use a good one, I strongly recommend this brand)
OR 8-10pcs pandan leaves
*If using pandan leaves, blend them with coconut milk and strain to discard the pulp.
By bread machine
1) Beat eggs and sugar lightly and add to bread machine pan together with the rest of the ingredients. Select "Jam" function.
2) Once done, let jam cool in bread pan slightly before transfer to a blender to blend till smooth (1 second will do).
3) Store in jar (preferably glass jar) and keep in fridge after completely cool down.
Generally there are 3 methods that I know of.
(1) Cook in a wok and keep stirring till become thick. Kaya will be done faster but the outcome is not as smooth.
(2) Cook in a double boiler and stir occasionally till become thick. Kaya will be smooth but take longer time.
(3) Using a slow cooker. This method takes very long time but do not need to stir regularly. Kaya will be smooth.
1) Kaya is done in 1 hrs 20 mins time by my bread machine. The first and last 15 mins is heating only without stirring.
2) When done the texture is not as smooth and there is some excess liquid. Not to worry, after blending the kaya will become very smooth. At this point of time, the kaya may be a bit watery but after cooling down it will become thicker.
3) I actually prefer a coarser texture, so next time I may not use a blender, will just whisk till slight smooth and remain the little bites.
4) You may scoop away the excess liquid if you like your kaya to be thicker and
dryer. I like mine this way as it is easier to spread on bread.
5) Made 2 jars.